What a big year 2016 has been! I thought it might be nice to take some time and reflect on all that has happened this year…
Exciting News!!! For My Little Monster BECAME Emkie Designs! I am so grateful with how my re-brand went – and I have all of you to thank for that 😀
Panic Clutch was Released – this was my anniversary pattern (it marked one year since releasing my 1st ever pattern!)
The Adventure Case appeared in One Thimble Magazine – what an achievement! Having a pattern a published was definitely a highlight of my year 🙂
The Hippo Hobo was released – this was your favourite pattern release from Emkie Designs this year, there are over 300 photos under the #hippohobo tag on Instagram!
The Peekaboo Clutch Pattern was released – this was my personal favourite pattern from this year, I just love it’s versatility (it can be used as a foldover clutch or a small tote)!
Pimp Your Panic Clutch Class – this was a real highlight of my year! It reminded me how much I have missed teaching (I’m a qualified High School teacher) and I know there will be more teaching in my future 🙂
I released the Pimp Your Panic Clutch E-Book, so you can pimp your panic clutch just like the ladies who took my class did!
I was asked to be part of the Christmas in July: Quilting and Sewing pattern bundle – which was lots of fun as I met some fabulous and talented designers!
The Dash About Cross Body Bag was released – this is such a cute and useful bag!
I attended and taught at the Bag Fanatics Retreat – This was another HUGE highlight of the year! I was so honoured to be asked to create a special pattern for retreat attendee’s and to attend and teach alongside some amazingly talented ladies was fabulous 🙂
The Rubenesque Hobo was released – this is such a feminine bag, I love mine and I use it all the time (its a great size!)
Exhaustion from such a big year took over and I sort of neglected my blog a little…but I did turn 34 this month too 😉
The MidSummer’s Night Traveler was released – another favourite of mine…it was such a great looking bag that I had to make a mini version so I could use it every day 😉
I have published so many tutorials duing 2016 too!
- How to make a Jamberry Wrap Nail Kit
- How to add a recessed zip to your bag
- How to sew a Zippered Pocket
- How to Install a Twist Lock
- How to Install a D-Ring Closure on your Hippo Hobo
- How to make a Tassel Closure for your Hippo Hobo
- All you need to know about Rivets!
- How to attach a leather overlay to a zip pocket
- How to make an adjustable strap
- How to install large eyelets on your Hippo Hobo
- How to make faux leather/vinyl handle connectors for your Ingenious Tote
- How to add Eyelets/Grommets to your Dash About Cross Body Bag
- How to make a Leather Tassel for your bag zipper
- 5 ways to Hack your Rubenesque Hobo
- How to make elasticised slip pockets for your bag
- How to make a Mini Midsummer’s Night Traveler
- 2 Extra’s I added to my Mini Midsummer’s Night Traveler: and how you can too!
And I have shared quite a few bag making tips too!
- 7 Bag making tips that WILL help you make better bags
- How to choose the perfect fabric to make your perfect bag
- 5 Bag making tools I can’t live without!
Phew! What a Big Year 2016 has been! This is my last post for the year and I am going to take a much needed break from now until February 2017 to spend more time with my family over summer and the holiday season. I hope you have a lovely festive season and a happy new year 🙂
See you in 2017