As you might be aware, a few weeks ago I released my new pattern The Ingenious Tote. Its a great bag, which has the possibility of being made reversible – yep 2 bags in 1! As the bag is constructed with bag feet, when you make it reversible, once set ends up inside the bag in the base…
So, once of my one of my fabulous testers (yes, you Janet :D), came up with this wonderful idea – a removable bag base that covers the internal bag feet if you have chosen to make your tote reversible.
This is Janet’s version of the Ingenious Tote and her removable bag base in action!
Ok…so do you want to make your own? Yes?! Read on my friend!
– Ingenious Tote Pattern, which is available for purchase from my shop, Etsy or Craftsy
– 1 x Fat 1/4 of your chosen fabric
– 1 piece of Soft and Stable/Flex foam/Headliner the size of pattern piece D (or just measure the width and depth of your bag base, and use these measurements ;D)
Yep, that’s it – short and sweet 🙂
Now, let’s get sewing!
1. Using pattern piece (D), cut 2 from your fabric and 1 from Soft and Stable/Flex foam/Headliner.
2. Place the fabric pieces right sides together and then place your Soft and Stable/Flex foam/Headliner on top.
3. Pin, sew around the outside edge (leaving a 4″ turning gap), clip corners and lastly trim the bulk out of the seams.