My little monster is almost 22 months now and he absolutely loves doing new and exciting activities. I’ve been feeling like he’s ready to start learning new things rather than just playing most of the time. So off I went to visit The Activity Mom, and I had a browse through the activities for 1 and 2 year olds.
There are some great ideas on this sight, and after just a quick look through (I’ll definitely have to go back for a closer look as there are so many wonderful ideas on this site), off the little monster and I went to gather supplies from our local cheap shop.
- metal backing tray
- yellow watering can (toddler size)
- silicone mould (this one has a transport theme – even though its pink :P)
- water colour paints
- double ended textas (one end is a stamp and the other is a regular texta)
- 4 pack of little white plastic baskets
- 8 pack of coloured bulldog clips
- 38 pack of pegs (this packet was actually purchased at our local Woolworths – next door to the cheap shop)
Ok, here is the 1st quick and extremely easy activity I’m going to share – Make Your Own Peg Matching Game.
You will need:
- Pegs (in 2 colours to begin with – but make sure you have 4 colour options available)
- 4 x permanent markers (the same colours as the pegs you are going to use)
- A small box (I’ve used an old gift pack box from Kikki K, but you can use an empty shoe box or something similar – just cover it in white paper)
- Take your box (covered in white paper, if its not white)
- Using your colour coordinating permanent markers draw circles (and fill them in) around the top edge of the box.
- Make sure you evenly space the circles, so that the pegs fit comfortably.
I can’t wait to see what we dream up next 🙂