The Hippo Clutch Wallet holds 10 cards, has 4 separate larger pockets for your notes and receipts. It also has a zipper pocket for your coins and a phone pocket. The phone pocket is large enough to fit a plus size phone, but if you have a smaller phone you can carry a little extra in there, for example your keys and some lippy.
And…bonus! The Hippo Clutch Wallet matches your Hippo Hobo Bag perfectly too 😉
The finished size of The Hippo Clutch Wallet measures approximately 9” wide x 5″ tall (23cm wide x 12.7cm tall).
Skill level: Intermediate
Please read all directions before beginning.
The seam allowance is 1/4” (0.6cm) unless otherwise stated, and has been included in the pattern pieces.
Be sure to backstitch at the beginning and end of all stitching unless otherwise stated.
Important things to note when working with leather.
◦ Never use pins, be sure to use clips instead.
◦ Be sure to use a leather needle.
◦ Be sure to use a 40 to 60 weight bonded nylon thread or a 100% polyester thread.
◦ Be sure to use a walking foot, roller foot or teflon foot on your sewing machine.
◦ Lengthen your stitch when topstitching, it ensures a neater more professional look.
◦ Test stitch on scrap piece of leather first that is the same thickness as what you will be sewing, (i.e. interfaced, etc.) and use that to work out the tension needed for the project. Many domestic machines will not cope with the thickness of some leathers, testing on a scrap piece of leather will come in handy to find this out too.
Extra important things to note when working with faux leather, the above leather tips should
be adhered to, plus…
◦ Be sure to use low heat and pressing cloth if fusing to faux leather.