The Ingenious Tote is a great bag with a large main pocket, and 10 smaller pockets.
The 10 smaller pockets consist of: 2 large zip pockets, 4 smaller zip pockets and 4 gusset pockets with magnetic snap closures.
Another clever feature of this bag is that it can be made to be reversible – you get 2 bags in one!
The Ingenious tote pattern has a number of features:
1. The Ingenious Tote can be made in 2 sizes: LARGE (measures approximately 22” tall (including handles) x 19” wide x 8” deep); and SMALL (measures approximately 20 ½” tall (including handles) x 15 ½” wide x 5 ½” deep).
2. The Ingenious Tote is made up of 10 smaller pockets, plus the main bag area – so there is a place to store everything!
3. The pockets include 2 large zip pockets, 4 small zip pockets and 4 pockets with magnetic closures.
4. This Ingenious tote bag pattern has instructions so that you have the added choice to make it REVERSIBLE, so if you choose to make it this way you are really getting 2 bags in 1!
5. The Ingenious tote includes instructions for installing bag feet, so the base of your bag is less likely to get wet/dirty from being placed on the ground.
6. The Ingenious tote is made with really comfortable shoulder straps; in fact there are 2 styles of shoulder straps to choose from when making your bag!
7. An optional adjustable strap instructions are also included in the pattern so you can carry the bag hands free.
The Large Ingenious Tote makes a great nappy bag, beach bag, travel bag or large everyday bag. The Small Ingenious Tote makes a fabulous everyday bag with a place for everything
The finished size of the LARGE tote measures approximately 22” tall (including handles) x 19” wide x 8” deep
(55.5cm T x 48cm W x 20.5cm D).
The finished size of the SMALL tote measures approximately 20½” tall (including handles) x 15½” wide x 5½” deep
(50cm T x 39.5cm W x 14cm D).
For more photos of bags made using this pattern please see this blog post
• Skill level: Intermediate
• Please read all directions before beginning.
• The seam allowance is 3/8” (1cm) unless otherwise stated.
• All pattern pieces for both the SMALL and LARGE sizes are included on the pages after the
• instructions. Print at 100%
• The remaining pieces should be cut to the measurements provided in the cutting guide.
For materials and requirements see the pictures section of this listing.